How we get people to open our Email Marketing
When it comes to email marketing, you have just two or three seconds to capture your readers’ attention in their crowded inbox space.
And then, assuming you make it that far, you have just a few seconds more to do everything else – namely:
• Pique interest
• Communicate your message
• Present a compelling call-to-action
• Elicit the desired response
… Not to mention reinforcing your brand identity, too!
That’s why it’s so important to make each word count in email copy. If you follow a few pointers, you’ll be on your way to creating compelling content that engages your audience and gets them to do your bidding:
• Write for “skimmers” – those who jump from headlines to the offer to the closing statement. In short, write for busy people like yourself!
• Make an impression as fast as you can. Be direct, even provocative. Use words and phrases that carry a punch and elicit a response.
• Use active words – nothing dulls up copy more than the passive voice.
• Keep everything short … then go back and make it shorter! This includes headlines, bullet points and any other copy.
And of course, don’t forget the e-mail subject line, which is your ticket to readership. Keep it short, simple, strong and benefits-oriented, and you’ll do fine.
If you’re struggling with writing compelling e-mail copy that gets results, we’d be happy to lend a hand.